SantéPlus means "Better Health" in French, and that is what this website and the services offered all aim to achieve. SantéPlus was founded in 2000, by Christine Smith (see below) after feeling that there was a gap in support and information available to her 'age group'. SantéPlus offers regular information and updates via the Health and Wellbeing Blog as well as Health and Wellbeing Coaching (Skype - world wide, or in person) and regular Yoga Classes in Perth, Western Australia.
Founder + CEO
Christine is an Associated Certified Coach (ACC), a Health Professional Educator, a Registered Nurse and a Yoga instructor with extensive experience in adult education within the field of socio- cultural diversity and health. She has taught across four WA universities to overseas and local students, and has worked with overseas and Australian companies on intercultural development.
Originally from France, Christine followed her Australian husband to Western Australia in the late 1980's and in South East Asia for more than 10 years. Her personal experiences in adjusting to foreign countries gave impetus to her studies, research and passion on cross-cultural adjustment. Christine is a Certified Cultural Intelligence (CQ) Facilitator as well. This passion then further expanded in assisting people to adjust to life transitions and challenges.
Education and experience
- Master in Health Professional Education, University of Western Australia (2010).
- Bachelor of Social Sciences, (Sociology & Anthropology), Curtin University (2002).
- Certificate IV in life Coaching, The Life Coaching Academy (2013).
- Cultural Intelligence (CQ) Certification (2016).
- Certificate IV in Assessment & Workplace Training Hollywood Private Hospital (2003).
- Certificates in Adult Learning and Teaching, Edith Cowan University (2006), Curtin University (2008) and University of Western Australia (2011),
- Certificate in Aboriginal Culture and Health (2008) University of Western Australia
- Diplome d’Etat d’Infirmière, Paris- France (1981)
- Certified Yoga Teacher – Goa- India (2014)
- Associate Certified Coach (ACC), International Coach Federation (2015)
- Executive Leadership Member, International Coach Federation WA Chapter (since 2014)
- Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency ( AHPRA) - Nursing Registration (since 1986)
- Yoga Alliance Registration (since 2014)
- Smith CDA, “Lived Experience of Overseas Qualified Nurses Working in the WA Hospital Workforce”. UWA library (2011)
- Smith CDA, Fisher C, Mercer A. Rediscovering nursing: A study of overseas nurses working in Western Australian: Nursing and Health Sciences (2011), 13, 289–295.
- Smith CDA, "Is there a market in Life Coaching for the Australian Retiring Baby Boomer Population?" 2014
other services offered
Christine is also available for the below services
- Speaker presentations
Topics available include
- Health + Wellbeing
- Culture, Diversity and Inclusion
You can find and connect with Christine on LinkedIn here.