SantePlus+ “Step up to a New You” embodies Christine’s commitment to assisting people in times of professional and/or personal transition to find a new way forward and to re-establish a happier and healthier life balance.
Christine is an Associated Certified Coach (ACC), a Certified Cultural Intelligence Facilitator, a Health Professional Educator, a Registered Nurse and a Yoga instructor with extensive experience in adult education within the field of socio- cultural diversity. She has taught across four WA universities to overseas and local students and is currently teaching within the School of Aboriginal Studies at Curtin University.
Originally from France, Christine followed her Australian husband to Western Australia in the late 1980's and in South East Asia for more than 10 years. Her personal experiences in adjusting to foreign countries gave impetus to her studies, research and passion on cross-cultural adjustment. This passion then further expanded in assisting people to adjust to life / work challenges.
Education and experience
- Master in Health Professional Education, University of Western Australia (2010).
- Bachelor of Social Sciences, (Sociology & Anthropology), Curtin University (2002).
- Certificate IV in life Coaching, The Life Coaching Academy (2013).
- Cultural Intelligence (CQ) Certification (2016).
- Certificate IV in Assessment & Workplace Training Hollywood Private Hospital (2003).
- Certificates in Adult Learning and Teaching, Edith Cowan University (2006), Curtin University (2008) and University of Western Australia (2011),
- Certificate in Aboriginal Culture and Health (2008) University of Western Australia
- Diplome d’Etat d’Infirmière, Paris- France (1981)
- Certified Yoga Teacher – Goa- India (2014)
- Associate Certified Coach (ACC), International Coach Federation (2015)
- Executive Leadership Member, International Coach Federation WA Chapter (since 2014)
- Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency ( AHPRA) - Nursing Registration (since 1986)
- Yoga Alliance Registration (since 2014)
- Smith CDA, “Lived Experience of Overseas Qualified Nurses Working in the WA Hospital Workforce”. UWA library (2011)
- Smith CDA, Fisher C, Mercer A. Rediscovering nursing: A study of overseas nurses working in Western Australian: Nursing and Health Sciences (2011), 13, 289–295.
- Smith CDA, "Is there a market in Life Coaching for the Australian Retiring Baby Boomer Population?" 2014